Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pantry Eating Menu Plans



I'm working on eating from the pantry for this week and last week. We did end up doing a bit of basic shopping yesterday in town spending about $46 on some basics and snagging some good deals that a couple stores where running due to Grand Opening gigs.Here is a rough outline of what we will be eating this week.


BREAKFAST
  • eggs & toast
  • perfect steel cut oats
  • rice pudding
  • oatmeal
  • 10 grain cereal
  • breakfast casserole
LUNCH
  • tomato soup & cheese sandwiches
  • fried rice
  • baked potatoes with toppings
  • hot dogs & carrots slices
  • sandwiches with fruit smoothies
  • fried potatoes with sausage
SUPPER
  • baked beans
  • barbecue chicken & mashed potatoes
  • chicken pot pie
  • pancakes & eggs
  • homemade runzas
  • pizza

I know I have enough food on hand although I am running a bit low in some areas....especially veggies. I do have 2 heads of cabbage and 2 heads of cauliflower and a couple of sweet potatoes, oh and a bag of frozen brussel sprouts so I'm sure we will make it work:)
The toughest this week will be having good food on hand for my 9 month old. I'll reserve the sweet potatoes for her and she could eat mashed cauliflower too. She eats soft-boiled egg yolks and I do have plenty of eggs on hand, I will also probably make up some yummy baby custard for her and maybe some arrowroot crackers as well.

Anyways this is the rough draft but I'm sure it will change with inspiration or tiredness....whichever comes first!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    What are Runzas? I have never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.