Monday, February 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - February 16th


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It's dark, I'm writing this at night. I really should be in bed after a long weekend with a sick baby but I am still working on breaking my late night computer browsing habit. I think the wind might have died down and amazingly it's a bit warmer out there compared to most of today. Maybe we will see the sun in the morning.

I am thinking...
About books to read, about my sister in Africa, about budgeting, about school tomorrow.

I am thankful for...
Hubby having a long weekend just in time for baby to get sick. Dave Ramsey's steps to financial peace.

From the learning rooms...
I totally bombed on the whole Presidents Day thing today. We read a few books last week and will finish them tomorrow but that will be about it. Just gonna keep plugging away at our daily work.

From the kitchen...
God Bless my babysitter. We have Financial Peace University classes on Monday night right now at church so a dear friend watches the 5 kiddos while we take baby with us and wouldn't you know that she leaves me with a cleaner house and kitchen! No dirty dishes left piled next to my sink.
Tonight I tried something new to me for supper and thankfully it was a hit. My kids call it Enchilada Pizza but basically it's just enchiladas layered into a pan. I did add a can of corn and some chili beans to the meat mix for variety too.

I am wearing...
Jeans, shoes, hoodie

I am going...
Nowhere until Wednesday or so.

I am reading...
Ummm, which to choose! Financial Peace revisited, My Father's Dragon.

I am hoping...
To get outside tomorrow. It's been awhile since I've seen the sun or my backyard for that matter.

I am hearing...
Quiet, Silence.....I'm the only one awake.

Around the house...
Went dumpster diving and got a floor lamp so I need to see if it works and then dress it up, I'm hoping to use it in my newly rearranged livingroom. Finally bought curtains and rods for the kids bedrooms so need to get those hung soon. It's really time I started working my way through the many boxes of papers and junk that I have piled on my filing cabinet too.

One of my favorite things...
Valentines Day....chocolate, lots of chocolate:)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Complete a budget, exercise 3 times with T-Tapps, pay bills.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Wes, being a goof while getting ready for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    This is my first time visiting your Daybook, and I enjoyed my visit very much!
    My Father's Dragon is currently one of my 3-year old grandson's favorite books; he asks to hear it over and over and over. :P
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.