Monday, November 16, 2009

FOR TODAY
November 16th

Outside my window...
SNOW!! We woke up to a blanket of wet sticky snow covering the grass and then shortly after breakfast it started snowing again. I guess by the end of the storm we are supposed to have around 6 inches total, but since it's not very cold out I don't expect it to stick around very long.

I am thinking...
of too much. Trying desperately to find some sense of organization but after being up last night with a teething baby I think a nap will take higher priority.

I am thankful for...
sleep, food, my husband's job, healthy children.

From the learning rooms...
It's been pretty rough around here lately. Last week I cut school short so that we could get some cleaning done but this week I need to push through school even though I have some pretty messy areas in the house still. We only have 2.5 weeks of our first term left but it is getting oh so hard to keep going.

From the kitchen...
Dirty dishes....everywhere:( Since it's snowing and since I've got a sweet tooth we will be making some homemade French Beignets (donuts) and some hot cocoa for a nice afternoon snack. I finally (Praise the Lord) got a dishwasher to replace my old and broken one but we need to get 1 more hose to get it installed and working. Lord willing that will happen this weekend and I will consequently get caught up on dishes a bit quicker.

I am wearing...
Comfy and warm yoga pants and a hoodie:)

I am creating...
Organization! I'm reading through Survival for Busy Women and installing the box system to organize my small house so that I can get more use out of every inch of space. This is the same system that Michelle Duggar uses and recommends in her book "20 and counting".

I am going...
We were supposed to have a field trip (just our family) to the local Insect Zoo to help round out our Nature Study of insects but since I wasn't sure what the weather would hold for the rest of the day I decided to cancel. The kids were kind of bummed but we should be able to reschedule for next week.

I am reading...
George Muller biography
2nd John using the repeat method
Survival for Busy Women by Emily Barnes

I am hearing...
Sadie squealing for some attention, mostly quiet since I sent everyone else to separate rooms for Quiet Time.

Around the house...
We discovered this weekend that our house has no insulation on any of our outside walls!!! This discovery was made after trying to find the source of the mold that has been growing on the boys' room walls and ceilings and around the girls' window. Of course this will mean a total overhaul of each and every room to put insulation in but thankfully we have a small house so it shouldn't be too expensive and DH and my brother can do the work themselves. I'm hoping we can postpone it until after Christmas since the kids and I will be staying at my moms for a week or so afterwards.

One of my favorite things...
Starbucks new instant coffee! I'm in love.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Clean the laundry room. Make 1 week of supper menus out.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Emi in the leaves


Read more daybook entries HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.