Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I think I've lost my Marbles!!


Week 36
I'm not sure if it's the 5 kiddos that I have, the 1 I'm expecting, the extra gray hairs or the fact that I'm now in my 30's. But I seem to have lost my short term memory!
Distraction doesn't even cover my current condition and unfortunately I don't see much hope for the near future.
I throw away things I should keep, I forget bills that need paying, I sit when I should be cleaning, and I can't trail a paper if I wanted to. Unless I intentionally pay very close attention to exactly where I lay something down or put it away, it's pretty much a guarantee that I won't remember anything about it later.

This pregnancy has been very different for me for the reason that I haven't hardly focused on it at all! Usually I re-read several childbirth books and pregnancy books and I track everything and keep all sorts of lists. This time, with schooling and extra activities my whole pregnancy seems to be a bit of a side issue:)
A couple of weeks ago I panicked to realized that I had nothing ready for the baby, so in a splurge of energy I deep cleaned our bedroom, got the playpen set up, baby clothes washed and diaper bag packed. Phew! That felt better.
Now I'm panicking that I don't have my things packed or my birth kit ordered or freezer meals made up!
It's always something.

pregnancy cartoon

For my sake I am listing here the things that I need to take care of in the next couple of weeks.

  1. Order Tummy Wrap for postpartum
  2. Make up Comfrey Tea Pads for postpartum care
  3. Order Birth Kit
  4. Pack Overnight bag for hubby and myself
  5. Make at least 14 meals for the freezer.
  6. Balance Checkbook and write out Budget for June.
  7. Make Menus for the next couple of months.
  8. Write out phone contact list and/or program numbers in cell phones.
  9. Hit a few more garage sales to add a bit more to my baby stash.
  10. Declutter, Clean, Declutter, Clean, Declutter, Clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.