Distraction doesn't even cover my current condition and unfortunately I don't see much hope for the near future.
I throw away things I should keep, I forget bills that need paying, I sit when I should be cleaning, and I can't trail a paper if I wanted to. Unless I intentionally pay very close attention to exactly where I lay something down or put it away, it's pretty much a guarantee that I won't remember anything about it later.
This pregnancy has been very different for me for the reason that I haven't hardly focused on it at all! Usually I re-read several childbirth books and pregnancy books and I track everything and keep all sorts of lists. This time, with schooling and extra activities my whole pregnancy seems to be a bit of a side issue:)
A couple of weeks ago I panicked to realized that I had nothing ready for the baby, so in a splurge of energy I deep cleaned our bedroom, got the playpen set up, baby clothes washed and diaper bag packed. Phew! That felt better.
Now I'm panicking that I don't have my things packed or my birth kit ordered or freezer meals made up!
It's always something.
For my sake I am listing here the things that I need to take care of in the next couple of weeks.
- Order Tummy Wrap for postpartum
- Make up Comfrey Tea Pads for postpartum care
- Order Birth Kit
- Pack Overnight bag for hubby and myself
- Make at least 14 meals for the freezer.
- Balance Checkbook and write out Budget for June.
- Make Menus for the next couple of months.
- Write out phone contact list and/or program numbers in cell phones.
- Hit a few more garage sales to add a bit more to my baby stash.
- Declutter, Clean, Declutter, Clean, Declutter, Clean.