Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stepping Heavenward


I have just finished reading this book for the 3rd time since I first received it many years ago. It is without a doubt one of my all-time favorites and a book I consider a must-read for all women ages 16-100!
It is a fictional account of "Katie" beginning on her 16th birthday. It is written in the manner as if it was her journal and we are taken through her years of growth as a teenager, young woman, married woman, and mother.
But this is not a "today I went here" type of journal, it is the detailing of her spiritual walk and growth in Christ. I have been so encouraged and uplifted by re-reading this and it has renewed me like no other fiction book can.
Let me just share with you the recommendations from the women on the back of my book.

"This book is a treasure of both godly and womanly wisdom told with disarming candor and humility, yet revealing a deep heart's desire to know God. We need such intimate accounts, need them desperately when the word commitment is so little understood and so seldom practiced. I do not hesitate to recommend it to men, who need to better understand the wives they live with, and to any woman who wants to walk with God."
—Elisabeth Elliot

"Stepping Heavenward is the record of a woman's spiritual journey deep into the heart of Christ. This book will serve as a guide for today's Christian woman ho desires to leave behind the dull, dry indifference of spiritual mediocrity to discover the rich, deep joy of knowing Jesus more fully. This woman's spiritual journey is so inspiring. I can see how god will use it in a dramatic way in the lives of many."
—Joni Eareckson Tada





Free copy available here

Book from Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! Stepping Heavenward is one of my favorites, too.

    I really like the quote you have in the title of your blog. I never read it before.

    ReplyDelete

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.