Monday, February 4, 2008

Hear my cry, O God

"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy."
Psalm 61:1-3

My heart has been so heavy the last few days. I have been feeling overwhelmed and inadequate to deal with all that surrounds me. I have been in fear of being pregnant again when I feel it is too soon, I have been discontent with my lot in life, I have felt inadequate as a housekeeper....surely I'm doing something wrong since it is impossible to keep everything clean or to even feel caught up! I have condemned myself as a not very good teacher because I'm not doing as other moms do.

And amid all of this I sense my Lord trying to reach me.....but I'm too busy....worrying.

Have I not just been studying the mercy and grace of God? Has He not just revealed to me that "His mercies are NEW every morning"? Did He not just show me that His grace and mercy are given to me like He gave manna to the Israelites in the wilderness so long ago? Has He not just pressed on my heart the knowledge that He gives me the exact amount of grace and mercy that I need for each and every day if I will but "gather" it?

Ahhhh, now I see!
These "feelings" are not just mere coincidence, neither are they truth. The enemy is on the prowl.

Will I bow under these attacks? Will I believe these lies? Will I let these burdens destroy my peace and joy?

"Get behind me, Satan! You are an offense to me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
Matthew 16:23

Forgive me Lord? I reject these thoughts as not from you, You are my peace and my joy. I accept and receive Your mercy and grace that You have given for me this day.
Thank you Lord for speaking to me through other moms. Blessed be Your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.