Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Week 5






Rebuke - to be right, correct, chasten, convict

Have Mercy - to bend or stoop in kindness to an inferior, have pity upon



While I have been reading and meditating on this verse one phrase has stood out to me "For I am weak". That pretty much sums up the basis of my struggles and problems. I am too weak to say "no" to self, to weak to stand strong, too weak to be steadfast.

I have spent so many years giving up and giving in instead of crying out to Jesus for mercy.

My soul is greatly troubled when I look on my failings but there is a way of escape "have mercy, O God".


Cleanse me Jesus, make me new, draw me into Your presence.

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."


"Have mercy on me O God, according to your steadfast mercies, wash away all my iniquities, cleanse me from sin."



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.