Friday, January 11, 2008

Clean Heart Journal

1 Corinthians 14:33

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace..."



confusion: instability, disorder, commotion, tumult.



peace: quietness, rest, set at one again, freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions.



For God is not the author of instability of mind, disorderly thoughts, commotion or tumult but He is the author of quietness of heart, rest in my soul, and freedom from disquieting thoughts and oppressive emotions.





As I have been meditation and pondering on this verse and what it means to my life I began to question what it is that causes me to be in a state of confusion?

Hmmmm, fear of circumstances (empty bank account, unpaid bills, health problems, etc), and lack of direction and purpose are what come to mind first, but to dig deeper I believe the root of my confusion is a lack of trust and faith in my Jesus.

In John 14 Jesus is sharing with His disciples about His leaving but the coming of the Comforter, the Holy Spirit. And then He says in verse 27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Do you see what that means?

Not only is God the author of PEACE but He has given us PEACE!

So when the phone is ringing off the hook, there are no clean dishes for lunch, the floor is covered with toys, your searching baskets to find some clean clothes, the baby won't sleep, the kids are quarreling and you just want to run away and scream or fall in a heap and cry......remember.....He has given us PEACE.

Seek the author of rest, and quietness.






faithfully,

Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.