Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - September 29



FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
The sun is shining, it's a bit chilly and the kids are all begging for jackets "with hoods". I'm slowly digging out warmer clothes as I weed out the summer clothes while I fold laundry. The weather has definitely turned "fallish" and even came close to freezing last night. It seems early for this kind of weather but I'm pretty sure that I blinked and missed a couple of summer months.
I am thinking...
About school and how to better organize our time so that we get the big rocks put in our day first. I'm inspired by Ann's way of journaling what has been done throughout the day instead of looking at a list of what hasn't gotten completed.
I am thankful for...
Teething baby who wants to be held and comforted by me, little boy eager and excited to ride a big bike, hubby who spends his free time fixing broken vehicles to save us large amounts of money.
From the learning rooms...
Crying with the Little Duke over the loss of his father, laughing with Betsy as she experiences a new life, sweating over arithmetic trying to beat the clock, kids giggling at mom holding a tickling worm during nature study.
From the kitchen...
With help from friends the piles and piles of dishes got washed so now I'm doing my best to keep up with them. Need to make some Porky Pine meatballs with about 6#'s of hamburger to eat for supper and freeze for later.
I am wearing...
Pretty much whatever I could find in the dark this morning pulled from my very disorganized drawers. Red yoga pants, wife beater and red shirt.
I am creating...
Lists....in my head. As soon as I get to the store I'll be buying pant for the kitchen cupboards in order to create a lot of mess for a lot of beauty:)
I am reading...
Finishing up Perelandra by C. S. Lewis, a few chapters into Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I am hearing...
Son playing Mary had a little lamb on the piano...note to self schedule a piano lesson in for today, baby fussing for being laid down for a nap, daredevil son riding his bike komokazi style.
Around the house...
Big plans for painting and finishing rooms so that we can sell house soon. Papers to file, laundry to fold, rooms to clean etc. ad infinitum.
One of my favorite things...
Sipping on a hot cup of aromatic hazelnut coffee while sitting in rocking chair snuggled with little son on lap.
A few plans for the rest of the week: GOING TO GRANDMA'S HOUSE.............need I say more:)
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Read more Daybook entries Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.