Are my goals being met?
What are my goals and have they changed?
What do I need to do to meet these goals?
So I guess to start with I should outline what my goals are for my children in their education and daily life.
- To have a good foundational knowledge and understanding of scripture to help guide and direct them to a closer walk with God.
- To example to them and lead them past a knowledge in God to a daily vibrant spiritual relationship with our Savior.
- To example to them and lead them in daily worship & prayer.
- To work alongside them in memorizing scripture & poetry.
- To instill the daily habits necessary for maintaining an organized, clean home.
- To train them in consistent and instant obedience.
- To create in them a love for knowledge and learning through vibrant characters and stories contained in "living" books.
- To provide opportunities for growing and developing a love for all of God's creation
- To instill the daily habit of music practice and learning.
- To open their world through reading about and praying for missionaries around the world.
Next, I need to explore how I will be implementing these in our lives. Many of these goals require self-denial and diligence on my part which is still a struggle unfortunately!
But now that I've written them down I can move ahead to working on them. I have in mind to use a Habit List to help keep me on track and mindful of our progress.